I recently learned that blogger and multi-blog-award winner, Dear Kitty, nominated How Big is Texas for the Real Neat Blog Award, an award that has been around since 2014. Dear Kitty is a diary blog on “animals, peace and war, science, social justice, women’s issues, arts, and much more.”
I am honored, especially since my blog started in June, when Morgan, Debra, and I took our perimeter trip around Texas.
Here are the Rules for receiving the nomination:
- Display the Award Logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the seven questions of the one who nominated you.
- Nominate seven bloggers to receive the award and tag/pingback to their blogs.
- Ask them seven new questions.
Below are Dear Kitty’s questions and my answers:
1. Time for some self-love. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
My passion for Texas and my amateur photography, which I love to share with others.
2. It’s late. You’ve had a crazy long day and you are super hungry. What is your go-to quick meal?
The Texan in me has to go with chips and salsa.
3. List the best five books that you have read in the last 12 months.
The Flight Girls by Noelle Salazar, Call Your Daughter Home by Deb Spera, Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens, Travels with Charley in Search of America by John Steinbeck, and I’ll Push You by Patrick Gray and Justin Skeesuck.
4. Would you rather be an oak tree or a butterfly?
5. What book have you reread more than any other, or if you do not reread then why is that?
6. If you were a kitchen appliance, which one would you be?
Probably not an answer most people would have and probably an item most people don’t have in their kitchens, but I would be a canner. I’ve been canning since I was in high school, more than 30 years, because we had a big vegetable farm. I’ve never stopped. There’s something fulfilling about looking in the pantry in the winter and finding food you took the time to prepare, cook, and can yourself waiting for you. Plus, I believe it is a lost art and would love to see a resurgence of canning by young and old alike.
7. Would you rather win an Oscar (award for acting) or a Grammy (award for music)?
Since the questions Dear Kitty asked me made me think, I am going with the same questions for my nominees.
I nominate the following seven bloggers. They are:
Thanks again for the nomination, Dear Kitty. I am humbled. By the way, I love the name of your blog. Anne Frank was an amazing human.