Want to know what a trip around the perimeter of Texas looks like? Our route is a short 3,179 miles. To put that in perspective, it’s 2,776 miles from Los Angeles to New York City. It’s 3,077 miles from Seattle, WA, to Orlando, FL. Maybe we are crazy!
Day 1, Saturday, June 13
• Gainesville to Carthage 289 miles (4:54 hours driving)
• Gainesville to Paris to Texarkana to Carthage
Day 2, Sunday, June 14
• Carthage to Lake Jackson 340 miles (5:00 hours driving)
• Carthage to Orange to Port Arthur to Bolivar Peninsula to Galveston to Lake Jackson
Day 3, Monday, June 15
• Lake Jackson to South Padre Island 345 miles (5:58 hours driving)
• Lake Jackson to Bay City to Fulton to Corpus Christi to South Padre Island
Day 4, Tuesday, June 16
• South Padre Island to Eagle Pass 343 miles (6:09 hours driving)
• South Padre Island to Harlingen to McAllen to Laredo to Eagle Pass
Day 5, Wednesday, June 17
• Eagle Pass to Big Bend 394 miles (4:32 hours driving)
• Eagle Pass to Del Rio to Marathon to Big Bend to Lajitas
Day 6, Thursday, June 18
• Lajitas to El Paso 276 miles (5:22 hours driving)
• Lajitas to Presidio to Marfa to El Paso
Day 7, Friday, June 19
• El Paso to Odessa 312 miles (5:17 hours driving)
• El Paso to Anthony to Guadalupe Mountains to Pecos to Odessa
Day 8, Saturday, June 20
• Odessa to Perryton 495 miles (7:30 hours driving)
• Odessa to Texline to Stratford to Perryton
What do you think? Are we crazy?
Until next time from Texas … safe travels!
19 Comments Add yours
Now that’s an idea for our bucket list! 🙂
Make it happen. It’s going to be epic…we hope! 🙂
You should try it.
Maybe – but then in stages.
Who knows how things will be turning out?!
It was all good for us.
After seeing your adventure on TCR we have decided to do a Texas perimeter trip in our motor home. Having traveled to all 50 states and most of the Canadian provinces it just seems like a must do on our bucket list. Thanks for the inspiration.
That is outstanding! My husband and I would love to do the same but for now I’ll have to settle for my car trip with Debra and Morgan. Please let me know how it goes.
I hope to read about your adventures along your journey.
We are thinking of setting up a blog before we depart on the adventure shortly after the first of the year.
I’d recommend it. If I can help, let me know.
Love it! Did you make it back to Gainesville? I’m planning a semi tip-to-tip for next year. We live in Dumas and we’ll drive to Kingsville, then around the perimeter up to Texarkana. And on to El Paso byway of a drop down to Terlingua and back up the Rio Grande. Planning to do it in 10 days. If you’ve got any advice, I’d love to hear it.
Sorry, Shonda. Just saw this. Feel free to shoot me an email and I’m happy to advise however I can. My email is email@example.com.